Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dallas Day 1

Welcome to Cowboys Stadium
Day 1 of Dallas


I have never experienced an architectural structure like that of today's tour of the Cowboys Stadium. Not only was the sheer size of the arena breath-taking, the small intricacies of each aspect of the stadium drew amazement from most students here. Led by "Shaq" our tour director for the day, we were allowed to walk through some of the most expensive and incredible rooms and areas for the Cowboys. 



Just look at this picture. There were no words to truly describe this tour. I'm not sure how we as a group of students will respond to the other stadiums oversees after we experienced something like this. 


Now this wasn't my first experience with a football stadium or team, as I worked for the Arizona Cardinals last summer as an intern. However, analyzing the small differences or similarities between my experience in Flagstaff, and how operations are handled here in Dallas showed me why I am on this trip. The experience last summer with the Cardinals, more than anything, was a humbling way of introducing me into sporting careers. Working at the bottom of the intern totem pole, I changed my way of thinking towards professional athletes. No longer was Larry Fitzgerald a god, he was simply someone I worked for, and could have conversations with here and there. And I think these experiences have made me appreciate those in the careers of sports from a professional and respectful view point. 




2 seconds of fame?
But I digress. The tour took us through the club suites, which you too can sell your life savings away for over 2 million dollars for 10 guaranteed years of Dallas Cowboys Football. It may seem like a horrible investment for many, but I'd like to know your opinion after a visit to this stadium. (One perk: pull-up parking right behind your suite which lies on the floor of the field. Oh and in addition to your floor suite, the first two rows of the stadium)
You can see the floor suites to the sides of the Star
Next we were able to see the Cheerleader's locker room and the Cowboy's locker room. On a trip with 30 men, and only 13 women I'm not sure which locker room was appreciated more. All I'll mention is the cheerleader's room had about 10 foot pictures...



But overall, the tour was a success and I found my interest broadening when it came to jobs in sports and how truly expansive the reach of sports is. And if it's as expansive as the TV that stretches from each 23 yard line, I think I'm going to find myself with quite a lot of options coming out of graduation.






Once again, thank you to all who made this possible. I am starting my three day networking event at the NACMA convention in Dallas tomorrow thru wednesday, and should be able to write at least once before I leave for London.

No comments:

Post a Comment